Combined Occupational Science/Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program
The combined OS/OTD program is for all students who want to become an occupational therapist! A combined degree decreases time to graduation and tuition costs.
You must meet the following requirements by May in the semester preceding the start of the program:
- Completion of 60 hours of coursework, including prerequisite courses
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- A minimum of 4 “B”s and 1 “C” in the following prerequisite courses or their equivalents (BIO307, BIO308, STA215 or STA 270, PSY200, HSA 200)
- Completion of the Health Science Reasoning Test (HSRT). Go to https://testing.eku.edu/health-science-reasoning-test for more information
- Application with personal statement and resume
- Three completed letters of recommendation
Students who complete the Combined OS/OTD program are eligible to take the national certification examination given by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) and apply for licensure in those states requiring it.
***Professional level graduates must apply for licensure and/or certification prior to practicing in any state. A criminal record (excluding minor traffic violations) may make a person ineligible for national certification examination and/or licensure or state certification for practice. Students with such a history should contact NBCOT and relevant licensing or certifying bodies prior to enrollment to determine their situation.
The OTD program has achieved accreditation Candidacy status. For more information click here!