Combined Occupational Science/Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program
The combined OS/OTD program is for all students who want to become an occupational therapist! A combined degree decreases time to graduation and tuition costs.
You must meet the following requirements by May in the semester preceding the start of the program:
- Completion of 60 hours of coursework, including prerequisite courses
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- A minimum of 4 “B”s and 1 “C” in the following prerequisite courses or their equivalents (BIO307, BIO308, STA215 or STA 270, PSY200, HSA 200)
- Completion of the Health Science Reasoning Test (HSRT). Go to https://testing.eku.edu/health-science-reasoning-test for more information **(Applicants should only take the HSRT one time for their application to the BSOS program. Additional test scores will not be counted. It is recommended to complete the HSRT during spring semester in which the student is applying to the program).
- Application with personal statement and resume
- Three completed recommendation forms
Students who complete the Combined OS/OTD program are eligible to take the national certification examination given by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) and apply for licensure in those states requiring it.
***Professional level graduates must apply for licensure and/or certification prior to practicing in any state. A criminal record (excluding minor traffic violations) may make a person ineligible for national certification examination and/or licensure or state certification for practice. Students with such a history should contact NBCOT and relevant licensing or certifying bodies prior to enrollment to determine their situation.
The Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy requires all on-campus graduate students (MS and OTD) to submit evidence of compliance with immunization and other clinical requirements, including but not limited to, full vaccination against COVID-19.
The OTD program has achieved accreditation Candidacy status. For more information click here!