Undergraduate Program in Occupational Science
Admission and Progression Requirements:
All students who are accepted by EKU’s Admission office and declare their major as Occupational Science are admitted to the University as pre-Occupational Science majors; however, admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the Occupational Science program. Admission is competitive and based on a review of the applicants’ academic history by the Department’s Admission, Progression and Retention Committee. Students seeking consideration for admission to the Occupational Science program must meet the following requirements by May in the semester preceding the Fall semester start of the junior year:
- Completion of 60 hours of coursework, including prerequisite courses
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- A minimum of 4 “B”s and 1 “C” in the following prerequisite courses or their equivalents (BIO307, BIO308, STA215 or STA 270, PSY200, HSA 200)
- No more than 1 repeat per course in the following prerequisites or their equivalents (BIO307, BIO308, STA215 or STA 270, PSY 200, HSA 200)
- Health Science Reasoning Test (HSRT)
Incoming students with a significant amount of dual credits may want to pursue a minor or other health sciences coursework to further increase preparation for applying to the Bachelor of Science in Occupational Science/Doctorate in Occupational Therapy. Doing so may improve your reasoning skills for better performance in the program. A minor may also help you to be a more well-rounded student and future occupational therapist. Some examples of minors students pursue are: Horses, Humans, and Health; American Sign Language; Psychology; Special Education; and Art.
Application to the Occupational Science Program does not guarantee acceptance in to the Occupational Science program. Students seeking admission to the Occupational Science program and progression to the Junior year must follow this process:
- By March 15th prior to progressing to the Junior year of the Occupational Science program, all students must submit an Application for Admission to the Department Chair.
- Transfer students must be fully admitted to the University by March 15thto be considered for admission to the Occupational Science Program. Students are responsible for submitting their official transcripts to the Office of the Registrar.
- Based on a competitive admissions review, students will be informed of admission to the Occupational Science program after Spring semester grades are posted. This is typically around the end of May.
- Students admitted to the Occupational Science program will be then be allowed to register for the Junior year classes.
- Application for Admission to the Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: March 15th of each year
Please contact Donna.McDaniel2@eku.edu for more information.
Renee Causey-Upton, BSOS Program Coordinator & Associate Professor, Bachelor of Science in Occupational Science Program.