Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
For important updates on the Covid-19 response plan and schedule for EKU please click HERE!
The esteemed Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy was established in 1976 and has grown to offer a continuum of programs for those wanting to become an occupational therapist and for occupational therapists wanting to continue their education.
- Graduates seamlessly progress into our entry-level occupational therapy graduate program
An entry-level graduate occupational therapy program
- We are currently transitioning from an entry-level Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy to an entry-level Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) degree. See more information below.
- This is a post-professional online program for those already holding an entry-level, professional degree in occupational therapy.
A doctorate in Rehabilitation Sciences, in collaboration with the University of Kentucky
- This is an in-person post-professional, interdisciplinary program for those already holding an entry-level, professional degree in occupational therapy.
Minors and certificates
Attention Spring 2020 applicants:
- Students (pre-OS undergraduates) who apply in March 2020 for the Bachelor of Science in Occupational Science degree will be the last class who will graduate with a Master’s in Occupational Therapy. These students will obtain the Bachelor of Science in Occupational Science degree in addition to the Masters of Science in OT.
- Applicants who already hold a baccalaureate degree (transition/ second degree option) will be the first class of students in the new entry-level OTD program (pending ACOTE candidacy approval). These students will obtain the Bachelor of Science in Occupational Science degree in addition to the OTD.
NBCOT Exam InformationResults of EKU Occupational Therapy Department Graduation Rates and National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) Examination
The total number of graduates from Eastern Kentucky University Master of Occupational Therapy program during the 3-year period of 2016-2018 was 209 with an overall graduation rate of 96%.
|Graduation Year||Number of Students Admitted||Number of Students Graduating||Graduation Rate||Percentage of first-time test takers who passed the exam|
|3 Yr Total||209||202||96%||96%|
Program results from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) can be found online at https://www.nbcot.org/Educators/Home#SchoolPerformance
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc.
One Bank Street, Suite 300
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
A listing of all state's occupational therapy regulatory bodies can be found at the NBCOT's web site at http://www.nbcot.org
ACOTE Accreditation Information:
- Accreditation Information can be found at the following link: www.acoteonline.org
Tuition and Fees
Please click here for information regarding Tuition and Fees