For Senior Occupational Science Majors at EKU seeking entrance into MS in OT Degree
BS Occupational Science Entrance is for persons who have completed a bachelor degree in occupational science.
In the senior year (Bachelors in Occupational Science) students may choose to apply to the graduate program in occupational therapy. This is a competitive application process, and not all occupational science students will be accepted into the Occupational Therapy program.
Enrollment in the Master of Science Program in Occupational Therapy is limited. Completion of the Bachelor of Science program in Occupational Science does not guarantee admission into the graduate program in Occupational Therapy.
The admission application deadline for BSOS seniors and current MS Transition students (who have completed the two semesters of Transition yr with a "C" or better) applying to the Master of Science Program is February 1st.
Admission is competitive and based on:
- GPA (last 60 hours plus pre-requisites)
- (3) Recommendation Forms (you will need to submit 3 emails)
- Health Science Reasoning Test (HSRT)
Students are accepted on a yearly basis into the Master of Science Program. BS OS graduates and MS Transition Program applicants begin together in the fall semester, completing 56 graduate credits.
MASTER OF SCIENCE ADMISSION AND PROGRESSION
• All graduate occupational therapy students must maintain a minimum graduate grade point average of 3.0 for all graduate work completed.
• Students must complete course offerings with the minimum of a C.
• Students who do not pass a course with a C, must wait for the course to be offered with the next class in order to repeat the course.
Please contact the Department for current information at (859) 622-3300.
Please email Dr. MaryEllen Thompson at MaryEllen.Thompson@eku.edu for information about MS in Occupational Therapy